Pairing issues

You been very helpful. I was wondering about the update manager wouldn't that update to the newest version or look for it? Thanks

When the manufactures tweak their fitting software specifically for ReBranded hearing aid models, they sometimes remove the software update capability. Here's a clip below from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids);

Caveat: Not all rebranded hearing aids use locks. Therefore, it is possible to connect to a rebranded hearing aid that is unlocked and also not listed in the fitting software's list of hearing aid models. But, the rebranded hearing aid will magically show up when connected. However, don't get your hopes up. Such unlocked rebranded hearing aids are uncommon (only a few models).

Anomaly: as pointed out by HoH-community members @sajjad and @menglxs in these → forum posts, forum posts; Sometimes when you use a pin-code to unlock certain ReBranded hearing aid models, then you may lose the ability to take future fitting-software updates. We have noticed this with Phonak Target and Unitron TrueFit.

Costco: In the past, some Costco-branded hearing aids were locked and there was no way to bypass these locks. But recently Costco's hearing aid models are no longer locked.

Note that the all of the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF Files are 24/7 cloud storage accessible:
How to find the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF files again in the future? It’s easy;
  • You can find the access portals on my main topic here → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2).
  • You can easily find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature line. The Signature (visable when logged in) is appended to any/all PVC forum posts.
  • And finally, you can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Thanks @vegas702 for being inquisitive ;)

This has prodded me to re-write the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids).

Thanks for your help. This is my first pair of hearing aids and I wished I done better research. I wanted to try and adjust myself because it's hard to describe to the audiologist what it sounds like and can't get it right. But I'm definitely going to try and somehow get a newer version because I just purchased them and I'm going to have them for a while. Thanks again.

Hello good evening. Just wondering if by chance you have come across a newer version of the harmony II software.

Did you ask your Audi if you could snag a copy of the software?

Good afternoon,

I downloaded harmony II software to my computer and it installed no issues. I purchased a noahlink wireless as well and successfully installed the driver to computer. The issue I'm having is its not finding my hearing aids when I try to connect to them. Any suggestions?
Thanks
I have the same problem with my Audibel AI 2400 (Starkey branded) aids. Noalink wireless can't recognize the aids.

I have the same problem with my Audibel AI 2400 (Starkey branded) aids. Noalink wireless can't recognize the aids.
I don't think your Audibel ReBrand is the same problem??

For "Audibel AI 2400 (Starkey branded) aids" you need software from a different manufacturer, namely Starkey Inspire software installed together with Starkey PatientBase.

And to complicate things a little further you will need to provide a special "AudibelFitting" parameter when you run the software.

And to complicate things even more, you can't run Starkey Inspire software directly. You will need to run Starkey PatientBase instead.

Sorry the instructions are complicated? Here's a shorthand version. Place the following into a MS Windows 11 "Run command" and click OK:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Starkey Laboratories\Inspire OS\Starkey.Inspire.Host.PatientBase.exe launch AudibelFitting

c1.png

Pfft; Wait a minute!! another roadblock has caused ReBranded Starkey to stop working;

c2.png

c3.png

I don't think your Audibel ReBrand is the same problem??

For "Audibel AI 2400 (Starkey branded) aids" you need software from a different manufacturer, namely Starkey Inspire software installed together with Starkey PatientBase.

And to complicate things a little further you will need to provide a special "AudibelFitting" parameter when you run the software.

And to complicate things even more, you can't run Starkey Inspire software directly. You will need to run Starkey PatientBase instead.

Sorry the instructions are complicated? Here's a shorthand version. Place the following into a MS Windows 11 "Run command" and click OK:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Starkey Laboratories\Inspire OS\Starkey.Inspire.Host.PatientBase.exe launch AudibelFitting

View attachment 784

Pfft; Wait a minute!! another roadblock has caused ReBranded Starkey to stop working;

View attachment 785

View attachment 786
Thanks. Made a bat file with the audibel link added. Ran that and it loaded the software and conected up to my Noahlink 2 wireless immediately. I would have never figured that one out. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Great! I'm glad you got it to work.
btw> This was/and still is documented in a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) alphabetized by manufacturer.

Though unfortunately, I don't think it will work forever. They leave some sticky stuff behind in a (C:\ProgramData\Starkey Laboratories) folder that is not cleared by an Uninstall and may eventually force your "grace period" to expire.

c3-png.786

Also; the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) access portals are at your finger tips via 24/7 cloud storage access.
  • Start here → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) to find the access portals
  • You can easily find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • And finally, you can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Last edited:
Back