Need help: Philips 9050 cannot connect to HearSuite 2024.2

It seems that all hearing aids from the Demant company require matching Fittiing softwave, hearing aids firmware and Noahlink wireless firmware to connect.
Please ensure that all three are of the latest version.

The firmware of the hearing aids you just bought should be up to date. Please use HearSuite 2024.2 to update the firmware of your Noahlink wireless.

The firmware of the hearing aids you just bought should be up to date. Please use HearSuite 2024.2 to update the firmware of your Noahlink wireless.
I had not thought about a firmware update for Noahlink Wireless 2. But it would be great if this issue can be solved with a firmware update for Noahlink Wireless 2.

I don't know if Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware can be updated from within the fitting software. But Himsa has a;
  • Noahlink Wireless Firmware Upgrader at this→ Noahlink Wireless Downloads link You can just download it and, double-mouse-click the downloaded file to Install.
  • v. 3.17 for Noahlink Wireless 2 is the only available firmware version (see below)

Screenshot 2024-09-22 185822.jpg

Last edited:
for Oticon Genie 2 you can check your Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware version via;
  • Preferences/Edit Preferences/Programming device
Philips HearSuite should be similar;
c2.jpg

Pfft; I need to update my firmware. I am one version back. I will see if I can find the command to check Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware version in Philips HearSuite.

Last edited:
I will see if I can find the command to check Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware version in Philips HearSuite.
I don't see any?? Perhaps you should install Oticon Genie 2 just for the purpose of viewing your Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware version.
  • It should be (v. 3.17) for Noahlink Wireless 2.

Pfft; I need to update my firmware. I am one version back.
I upgraded my Noahlink Wireless firmware from 2.24 to 2.25 using the HIMSA Noahlink Wireless Upgrader tool. It was fast and very simple, just double-mouse-click the downloaded NLWUpgrader_3.1.0.92.exe file;
c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Not expecting the inexpensive 9050 be Oticon’s top model, but hoping reasonable improvement in noisy environment with Oticon’s AI. Being able to DIY is my requirement of my new pair of HAs for good reasons. 9050 is only available 3 weeks ago. I hope some early 9050 DIYers can share their experience.

I had not thought about a firmware update for Noahlink Wireless 2. But it would be great if this issue can be solved with a firmware update for Noahlink Wireless 2.

I don't know if Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware can be updated from within the fitting software. But Himsa has a;
  • Noahlink Wireless Firmware Upgrader at this→ Noahlink Wireless Downloads link You can just download it and, double-mouse-click the downloaded file to Install.
  • v. 3.17 for Noahlink Wireless 2 is the only available firmware version (see below)

View attachment 861
Oops! Missed reading the 2nd page of this thread. Will do my first Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware update tomorrow.

Let us know if you want Oticon Genie2 2024.2 to see/display your Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware version using;
  • Preferences/Edit Preferences/Programming device

View attachment 861
Thanks for the instructions. My Noahlink Wireless 2 firmware was successfully upgraded from 3.15 to 3.17.

1727207947507.png before upgrade
1727208000663.png after upgrade
1727208048103.pngdevice info after upgrade

View attachment 861
My bad! 9050 still cannot connect to Hearsuite after Noahlink upgrade. So I kept on searching for mistakes of my own. Astonishing, I can’t trust myself anymore: my Hearsuite is still 2024.1. (I guess that I mixed up with a recent successful software auto-update for my Rexton-KS8. Anyway, no excuses. So sorry!).

The Updater kept saying that my Hearsuite 2024.1 is up to date. Do you have a copy of 2024.2 to share?

1727208531725.png

Yes, please read you PM/Conversation for information on how to find Philips HearSuite 2024.2

Kudos to Costco Hearing Aid Centers for sticking with their No Locked Hearing Aid sales.

Bingo! Works right the way with your Hearsuite 2024.2. Thanks so much for your help, as well as Menglxs’s, and your patience with me. I am grateful! Take care and cheers!

1727210664150.png

So @lamcom -> to summarize, your copy of HearSuite didn't work but reinstalling @pvc 's copy of his HearSuite works? Where did you get your copy of HearSuite in the first place? Did you record your HearSuite's version number and the one from @pvc to compare to see if they are different version numbers?

Not the OP, but from what I’ve followed, the 9050 only works with HearSuite 2024.2, not 2024.1 (which was the version the OP had). The OP needed a copy of 2024.2 because the auto-update wasn’t working—which is always the case for me with Genie 2! Luckily, pvc always helps me out!

Back