Need help: Philips 9050 cannot connect to HearSuite 2024.2

lamcom

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Philips 9050 HAs. They have been programmed with my prescription in Costco. I have problem to connect them to HearSuite 2024.2 via Noahlink 2. The error message was “Instrument is not supported in the fitting software”. (Note that the Noahlink is recognized by HearSuite; Bluetooth turned off from cellphone; HAs were reset with Charger). Any ideas to share?

HMm; Maybe it's too new. You seem to be doing everything correctly.

Well that is, except for your "thingamajiggy names" for (Noahlink Wireless 2 or the older Noahlink Wireless) because NOAHlink is an old obsolete hearing aid programming device. ;)

I will look around for an update to Philips HearSuite 2024.2 and see what I can see??

Nope, HearSuite 2024.2 has no updates yet. And the 2024.2 fitting software release was prior to the new 9050 model. So I think we have to wait.

Last edited:
pvc, I am using the latest Noahlink Wireless 2. It works well with my Rexton-KS2. The HearSuite has only one selection for 9050: HL9050 MNR. But for the older model 9040, it has 4 selections: MNB T, MNB T R, MNR T, & MNR T R); not sure what these model numbers stand for. I guess I have to wait for an instrument update for 9050. Thanks.

Oh, sorry. Yes I do see 9050. Allow me to look at this tomorrow.

Clip below from the Philips HearSuite 2024.2 Help;

Troubleshooting​

This guide provides steps to help you to fix some common issues that you may experience when connecting instruments to Philips HearSuite. If this does not help you, contact your local supplier.

No connection between computer and programming device
Try one or more of the following:
  • If your programming device is cabled, check the power supply.
  • Turn your programming device off and then on.
  • Restart Philips HearSuite.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Detect and select your programming device. See Programming devices
  • Philips HearSuite detects only one of each type of programming device (e.g. HI-PRO). If it does not detect the programming device you want to use, unplug any other programming devices of the same type.
No connection between programming device and instruments
The computer connects with the programming device, but not with the instruments.
Check that:
  • Instruments are turned on and batteries are new or charged. Make sure to insert new batteries or recharge them before you connect instruments to the programming device.
  • Instrument family and style are available in your market.
  • Instrument family and style are supported in your version of Philips HearSuite. If not, update Philips HearSuite.
  • Instruments are connected with correct cables and adapters. See Cables and adapters.
  • The receivers are attached and working correctly if you are connecting instruments with detachable receivers. If you are connecting the instruments in a follow-up visit, make sure the receivers are attached to the correct side and matching the settings in the current fitting session.
  • Monaural fitting: instrument is connected to the correct side.
  • Wireless functions are turned off on your phone.
If problems persist, then:
  • Disconnect the instruments and cables, restart the computer and restart NOAH and Philips HearSuite.
  • Try connecting to other instruments of the same type to see if the error is caused by the instruments.
  • Replace cables.
  • Use another programming device.
Check that:
  • The mute function is not selected
  • Batteries are new or charged.
  • The receivers are attached and working correctly if you are connecting instruments with detachable receivers. If you are connecting the instruments in a follow-up visit, make sure the receivers are attached to the correct side and matching the settings in the current fitting session.
  • The wax filter or dome are not blocked

The HearSuite has only one selection for 9050: HL9050 MNR. But for the older model 9040, it has 4 selections: MNB T, MNB T R, MNR T, & MNR T R); not sure what these model numbers stand for.
Yes, it appears that 9050's only have the one model (9050 MNR) ignoring the CROS transmitter for now.
The B's are BTE's, T's are Telecoil, R's are Rechargeable.

Yes, it seems that I picked up the correct model “9050 MNR” (MiNi RITE), although the trailing “T’ & “R” were missing. HearSuite, under Tools section, there is an “Instrument Updater”, but grayed out. My version of 2024.2 was auto updated from 2024.1. Trusted Costco used HearSuite to customize my HAs. Wondering what did I do wrong?

Sometimes I need to Unplug/Plug the USB cable on my Noahlink Wireless;
c1-jpg.612

Oh, but I think you already have connectivity with Noahlink Wireless because your error (“Instrument is not supported in the fitting software”.) seems to suggest such.

Hmm; I wonder if these are pin-code locked? Maybe ask Costco for the Pin-code and see what they say? :cool:

Costco has not had any locked hearing aid models for five years. But it could be that Oticon is unwilling to hand out their new Speech-in-Noise technology without some strings attached? I have no evidence to support this locked theory. But it's beginning to smell like a locked ReBranded model? AFAIK; You are the first-and-only person to encounter this issue. :eek:

List of Costco Hearing Aid Models:

Wonder the policy of Costco for DIY programming? Will the warranty be voided, or deny further clinic service? I just posted the problem to Brian (The Hearing Club) whom is working in Costco HA Clinic. He posted videos on Youtube about DIY programming on Philips 9040. Also, ask him if 9050 is pin-code locked.

tried unplug/plug, but no luck!
Yeah, sorry that was a misleading thing to look for. Since you got a message saying “Instrument is not supported in the fitting software” we can assume you have a valid Noahlink Wireless connection to your hearing aids.

Also, (and if they are locked) then you are the injured party in this contract! Not Costco!
  • Nowhere in your signed contract will it say that Costco has locked your hearing aids
  • Nowhere in your signed contract will it say that the hearing aids have no resale value because they are locked

The Costco contract is a standard normal one. No mention of pin-code locked. It just says that Costco HAs are not transferable to another individual. Here are the product descriptions in the Costco invoice.
1726964912382.png

It doesn't really matter much what is in the contract. I was simply making the point that, If your hearing aids are locked, then it is unethical for a business to sell these without informing the customer about this serious defect. For example, let's say if you move to a location without a nearby Costco hearing aid service. It will be impossible to adjust these locked hearing aids.

For the sake of comparing (Oticon Intent vs Philips Hearlink 9050); here's a link to the → Costco Philips Hearlink 9050 for $1500 (Tip: you will need to scroll down).

The ($1500 USD - Philips Hearlink 9050) model will not be equal Oticon's top line models. Philips Hearlink has multiple models plus, Oticon also has four models (Intent 1, Intent 2, Intent 3, Intent 4) making it very difficult to compare the features of (Philips Hearlink 9050 vs Oticon Intent).

Ah! But one feature really did show a major difference for me. There seems to be a major difference for battery life in the Travel Chargers. As stated in the above Costco link "Philips Charger Plus allows three full recharges of two hearing aids without the need for a power source".

Pfft. I am wearing the Oticon Intent 1's pictured below, and I got 12 days of battery life with the Oticon Travel Charger. Here's a link to my final day of → Oticon Intent Travel Charger testing. I am guessing that the Oticon Travel Charger has a bigger battery?

dsc_0898-jpg.799

Last edited:
Updated the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Costco USA Hearing Aid Models) to include the new Philips Hearlink 9050 model tagged as "maybe software locked???";

c1.jpg

Back