Your Experiences good/bad on the Oticon Intent since introduction

Hello community,
I ended up the test period of 60 days with the Intent's and brought them back....to change to the former latest model..
Reasons: Price, sleeker (a bit smaller) with wearing glasses. But the first reason was the most important one for me

Yes, Big Bucks. Though, the Costco version (Philips Hearlink 9050) is becoming available from Oticon's sister company,→ Philips.

Here's a link to the → Costco version for $1500 (you will need to scroll down).

Last edited:
Though, the cheaper (Philips Hearlink 9050) model will not equal Oticon's top line models. Actually, the 50's are also not equal to Philips top line models because they typically have the higher models (70's and 90's).

Last edited:
Yes, Big Bucks. Though, the Costco version (Philips Hearlink 9050) is becoming available from Oticon's sister company,→ Philips.

Here's a link to the → Costco version for $1500 (you will need to scroll down).
I decided for the Real 1's and for now I'm pretty confident with them. Battery life is about 18 hours and wind handling is ok. I think Genius has a quicker reponse than the Polaris, from which I notice over 1 day.

The Philips Hearlink 9050 is top-of-the-range. The first two digits in the model number, 90, 70, 50, 30, 10, indicate the level, while the second two digits, 50, 40, 30, 10, indicate the product's different platforms.

Thanks @menglxs I figured out later my comment was not correct. But then I forgot that I said it here too. :oops:

Not sure I understand the answers given here. Oticon's top model is the Intent. Which uses the same microchip as the Philips 9050. In fact, the units look exactly alike externally. So it has the same hardware capabilities. The software used to interact with those capabilities may be different. But, those capabilities should be exploitable to the same degree by any software, unless the maker Ademant turns them off at the hardware level depending on who the value added reseller is (Oticon, Philips).

those capabilities should be exploitable
The different capability levels even exists within the same brand (Oticon models - Intent 1, Intent 2, etc).

But no capabilities that I know about have been exploited yet. Well, maybe one capability has been exploited. That is, you can use the TrueFit software to renew the Trial period every 5 or 6 weeks for some Unitron Trial hearing aids.

Nothing else that I know about has changed these different capability levels. If anyone can make a premium model from a basic model please let us know. We are ready to buy the cheap version! ;)

Back