Using Connexx with TruHearing rebranded hearing aids.

jrl

Reaction score
PVC has been of immense help, but I can't seem to detect TH advanced and premium Hearing aids using
9.8.51 Connexx software and a 9.8.11.423 data base. Has anyone been able to fit these aids using Connexx Audio Service?
Using noahlink wireless 2 and windows 10. The hearing aids, both advanced and premium, are labeled 7 RIC LI T, but neither show up in the
hearing aid chart and neither are identified when the detect button is clicked. Error is: requires a more recent connexx version
and no hearing aids are identified or selected. I have tried all of the close numbered hearing aids in the chart, but none work.
I am an 80 year old person interested in being able to learn something new, but it seems this may be a fruitless
attempt if they locked out by TruHearing. Maybe they are truly locked out for DIYers.

9.8.51 Connexx software and a 9.8.11.423 data base
To be clear; he tried (Connexx 9.8.5/AudioFit 9.8.11 for AudioService) though we are unsure if AudioFit 9.8.11 is the latest Hearing Instrument Database for Audioservice Hearing Aids??

Have you tried the latest version of Connexx?
Signia Connexx 9.11.15.112, Database: SiFit 9.11.15.948
or
Rexton Connexx 9.11.15.112, Database: RexFit 9.11.15.958

No, I will try to find the download. Thanks for the new numbers. This may be what I need as I read, TH hearing aids are not locked. Thanks menglxs

The question remains: Has anyone been able to use connexx to fit Truhearing Advanced or Premium hearing aids?

Is there is another fitting software that may work?

Last edited:
I have 2 pair of TH6 Premium's, no problem programming them on Connexx.
Thanks @theVoice!! Can you please verify which version of Connexx and which version of Hearing Instrument database you are using? Is it the Latest Signia Connexx9.11.15/SiFit9.11.15 which you can verify from within Connexx by choosing Help/Info about Connexx to show information as in the following image.

c1.png

@jrl - If the latest Connexx9.11.15/SiFit9.11.15 fitting software can be used to connect the (TruHearing rebranded hearing aids), then you are likely not following one of the prerequisite rules for connecting your hearing aids to the fitting software. See this Clip from DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Noahlink Wireless 2 - DIY User Guide) for connection prerequisites;
How to connect the Fitting Software to your Hearing Aids?
Again; this is Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE, which is not the same as BlueTooth used in cellphones and such. So forget about typical pairing. There is no pairing involved. Instead you need to Connect. But first choose a device location with a clear line-of-sight to the hearing instruments and away from interfering wireless sources (WLAN, streamers).
  • In your fitting software you will need to Select or Specify that Noahlink Wireless is to be used as your programming device. Your fitting software may be defaulting to a different programming device. So check this first.
  • Prepare the hearing aids to enter fitting mode. This is accomplished with an off-on cycle of the hearing aids. For disposable battery models open and close the hearing aid battery doors. For rechargables apply a very long button press for off and repeat for on. Or, place them in your charger and then remove them in order to turn the hearing aids off and on.
  • Tip: Don’t walk away from your computer/Noahlink Wireless with connected hearing aids in your ears! This is especially important during lengthy hearing aid firmware updates and could result in bricking some hearing aid models.
  • Your fitting software may require that you Click an option to Connect to your hearing aids. But there could also be prerequisites such as (selecting a client). Optionally, your fitting software may automatically connect after you have selected a client and proceed into the fitting session.
  • Your hearing aids may need to have Bluetooth turned off for a connected cellphone before trying to connect Noahlink Wireless to your hearing aids.
You should be able to connect easily after you have;
  • Installed the fitting software first (before plugging-in Noahlink Wireless) to provide a driver.
  • Connected your Noahlink Wireless device via a USB port/non-USB hub.
  • Verified that your hearing aids do indeed support the Noahlink Wireless BLE protocol.
  • Prepped your hearing aids to enter fitting mode/off-on cycle.
  • Selected Noahlink Wireless as your programming device in the fitting software.
  • Turn Bluetooth off for any other connected-to-HA devices.
  • Taken the proper fitting software action (perhaps clicking a Connect option) to Connect the fitting software to your hearing aids.

Last edited:
To be clear; he tried (Connexx 9.8.5/AudioFit 9.8.11 for AudioService) though we are unsure if AudioFit 9.8.11 is the latest Hearing Instrument Database for Audioservice Hearing Aids??
Hi PVC, All is good now. Downloaded 9.11.15.112 and 9.11.10.575. The download cost 20 bucks, but it it worked the first time and I am having placing with my settings. Jack

That's great that you found a copy of (Connexx 9.11.15/AudioFit 9.11.10 for AudioService). I have an old saying "Don't pay for free fitting software" but in this case of ReBranded hearing aids when no one has the latest version, perhaps it is worth it. ;)

Dang, my bad again. I forgot that there is a method for finding (Connexx 9.11.15/AudioFit 9.11.10 for AudioService). So maybe I should say it again, don't pay for free fitting software ;)

Last edited:
Thanks @theVoice!! Can you please verify which version of Connexx and which version of Hearing Instrument database you are using? Is it the Latest Signia Connexx9.11.15/SiFit9.11.15 which you can verify from within Connexx by choosing Help/Info about Connexx to show information as in the following image.

View attachment 769

@jrl - If the latest Connexx9.11.15/SiFit9.11.15 fitting software can be used to connect the (TruHearing rebranded hearing aids), then you are likely not following one of the prerequisite rules for connecting your hearing aids to the fitting software. See this Clip from DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Noahlink Wireless 2 - DIY User Guide) for connection prerequisites;
How to connect the Fitting Software to your Hearing Aids?
Again; this is Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE, which is not the same as BlueTooth used in cellphones and such. So forget about typical pairing. There is no pairing involved. Instead you need to Connect. But first choose a device location with a clear line-of-sight to the hearing instruments and away from interfering wireless sources (WLAN, streamers).
  • In your fitting software you will need to Select or Specify that Noahlink Wireless is to be used as your programming device. Your fitting software may be defaulting to a different programming device. So check this first.
  • Prepare the hearing aids to enter fitting mode. This is accomplished with an off-on cycle of the hearing aids. For disposable battery models open and close the hearing aid battery doors. For rechargables apply a very long button press for off and repeat for on. Or, place them in your charger and then remove them in order to turn the hearing aids off and on.
  • Tip: Don’t walk away from your computer/Noahlink Wireless with connected hearing aids in your ears! This is especially important during lengthy hearing aid firmware updates and could result in bricking some hearing aid models.
  • Your fitting software may require that you Click an option to Connect to your hearing aids. But there could also be prerequisites such as (selecting a client). Optionally, your fitting software may automatically connect after you have selected a client and proceed into the fitting session.
  • Your hearing aids may need to have Bluetooth turned off for a connected cellphone before trying to connect Noahlink Wireless to your hearing aids.
You should be able to connect easily after you have;
  • Installed the fitting software first (before plugging-in Noahlink Wireless) to provide a driver.
  • Connected your Noahlink Wireless device via a USB port/non-USB hub.
  • Verified that your hearing aids do indeed support the Noahlink Wireless BLE protocol.
  • Prepped your hearing aids to enter fitting mode/off-on cycle.
  • Selected Noahlink Wireless as your programming device in the fitting software.
  • Turn Bluetooth off for any other connected-to-HA devices.
  • Taken the proper fitting software action (perhaps clicking a Connect option) to Connect the fitting software to your hearing aids.
Yes, the most current, 9.11.15.112, however, I bought them a year ago and they connected with older versions as well. I'm actually selling a pair as I have too many!

Back