Self Adjustment

EnglishMon

Reaction score
Hi. I have been wearing hearing aids for 5 years now and I have never been happy with them, perhaps I expected too much. Whatever my audiologist does seems to make them worse so I would like to try to self program at home.

I have a pair of Phonak Audeo B90 312. I think I need the Phonak Target software, does anyone know where I can get this, please PM me.

If I can get the software then I plan to get a Noahlink Wireless Bluetooth Hearing Aid Programmer. Can anyone please confirm this as the correct choice.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi @EnglishMon Welcome
Please read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Phonak Target 9.1.1.

No - you cannot use Noahlink Wireless as a hearing aid programming device for your Phonak Audeo B90!!
Look at Product Information Phonak Audeo B PDF on Page4 (or see clip below). Also ignore the old/obsolete hearing aid programming device named NOAHlink. It is (in no way) related to Noahlink Wireless.

You will have to use the (old/going obsolete Phonak iCube II wireless hearing aid programming device), or use a wired device (Hi Pro or mini Pro with CS44a cables).

b5910e597b6b05c66f3f93f6c10f19043cf6a221.jpeg

Last edited:
Your hearing aids (Phonak Audeo B90) are almost a decade old. Let me explain;

The B-Belong platform (circa 2017-Q3) was an "funny" platform release for Phonak. There was only one new model, (the Audéo B-Direct (which had the new SWORD wireless radio). The other Belong models are the same as previous platform Venture models (circa 2014-Q4). Note that this makes Costco's Brio2 and Brio3 the same hearing aid.

Here's a clip from a DIY School PDF file named (Big-5 Platforms Chips) where I keep track of things like this;
c4.jpg

"almost a decade old", that make some sense now.
I bought a pair of Specsavers Advance 838 R312 RIC's in 2019 but managed to lose 1 while house hunting in 2021 (must have pulled it off with my mask).
Claimed on my house insurance, Specsavers wanted almost £1k to replace the 1 aid so I was surprised when the insurance wanted me to go with their preferred company where I got the pair of Phonak B90's. I assume that giving me out-of-date aids is how it was cheaper for them.
I do remember them telling me that they were top of the range but I later found out that this wasn't true.

Just an update.
I had to put my HA's on hold for a while because my wife was ill. She all better now and 3 weeks ago I managed to get an iCube 2 off eBay for £41 (bargain) and I put it to use straight away.
I connected to Target OK and saved the HA settings to my PC. I did do it twice, belt and braces, as I didn't seem the harm in doing it.
I do not know exactly where the session files are saved so I will copy the complete Program Files/Phonak folder to an external drive just in case I have a PC failure, although I know I can recover the new settings from the HA's.
I was unsure of the best way to adjust the HA's so I simply tried playing the sound files in Automatic Fine Tuning, adjusting the sound and then undoing the change then trying another file. It took me 3 - 4 hours playing before I settled on the settings that seemed to make an improvement.
I had told my audiologist that perhaps my HA's were as good as they could be but I was thinking of trying self programming and its 1 of the best decisions I have made. They are not perfect but at least I can have a conversation with my wife now and we can watch a TV programme together and I know what's going on.

Thank you for your help and guidance pvc

You can use File/Export client to save all of the fitting sessions for a specific client;

c1.png

Back