Release New Phonak Audeo Sphere Infinio

Stan

Reaction score
As I can still choose Brands because did not buy or Fitted, Phonak latest device was Launched onto the Media, and available from the 26 of August. Lots of (connecting) Features and RealTime AI. Worth waiting? what do you think?

Hi, saw Dr. Cliff's review on Phonak's latest Audeo Sphere Infinio, but i was shocked about the size of that device..
As he mentioned this is because of the space the second processor needs and therefore bigger battery but I think I will not try them on..
Also Bluetooth LE is not onboard, the classic version 5.3 is. Ready for auracast but no TeleCoil.
What do you think of it?

@Stan
Hope that you will post your experiences with the Phonak Sphere after you tried out the Intents....

Thanks Guys; You have prompted me to listen to→ Cliff Olson's Review.

Previously I was skeptical about claims of a new chip. Okay, they do have two new/Add-On Chips. By add-on I mean not part of the main CPU. The new (ERA chip for OS-6.0) and another new chip (deep sonic chip) for processing the Deep Neural Network that have a gazillion speech in noise examples.

imo> The Big-5 hearing aid industry seems to be on the hunt for improvements to SIN (speech in noise) and the solution seems to be in the form of AI-trained DNN (Deep Neural Networks) implemented first by Oticon, then Starkey, and now Phonak (according to the review mentioned above). Also motion sensors are detecting (whether you are walking or sitting still) to further enhance the SIN improvements.

Also trending is old-school contact battery chargers to replace inductive chargers. Maybe inductive charging has some inefficiencies??

Is the Phonak Sphere implementation better than Oticon Intent? Well, the video cautions about a Sphere battery life of only 7-hours if you were to listen only using the SIN program (Speech In Noise). And, the video suggests you may want to do exactly that because it sounds so good!

Downsides;
  • battery life doubts
  • too big (maybe too many add-on chips?)
  • no LE Audio Bluetooth

Last edited:
Hi, saw Dr. Cliff's review on Phonak's latest Audeo Sphere Infinio, but i was shocked about the size of that device..
As he mentioned this is because of the space the second processor needs and therefore bigger battery but I think I will not try them on..
I wish we had specifics about Phonak exact battery size (is it size 13?) and also the expected life of the battery for comparison to Oticon. I think the 33% reduction in charging time may be due to "contact charging"?

c2-jpg.763

Last edited:
RealTime AI. Worth waiting? what do you think?
Yes, the DNN (Deep Neural Networks) implemented first by Oticon, then Starkey, and now Phonak (according to the review mentioned above) are very helpful with SIN (speech in Noise). It works very well.

However (imo) Phonak seems to be in catchup mode, so if you have a predilection for Phonak hearing aids, then maybe you should wait for a future hardware release that is more efficient than this Big-azz, three chip, battery hog. :p

Cliff Olsen video clip;
c1.jpg

Last edited:
@Stan
Hope that you will post your experiences with the Phonak Sphere after you tried out the Intents....
Hi Emile030, I doubt trying the new Phonak will open new Eras in relation to my Intent's in use momentarely.. the bulkier size and the much higher Price level are dealbreakers right now in chosing to keep the Oticon's intent 1 ( which is their most recent 2024 model) or to test the Phonak's after this 60 day's testperiod. In my country Retail chains are owned by either Demandt or Sonova which has its negativ effect on the Customers best Price.

I wish we had specifics about Phonak exact battery size (is it size 13?) and also the expected life of the battery for comparison to Oticon. I think the 33% reduction in charging time may be due to "contact charging"?

c2-jpg.763
For sure the copper contacts contribute to a better thermal- and thus battery life management. Inductive charging generates unwanted heat which will effect battery life.

The batteries in the Phonak Audeo Sphere Infinio are Varta Li-ion Accu 160L3 or ZeniPower Z35F, 3.7v, 0.2Wh, and they have twice the capacity of the Oticon More.
1724224094843.png1724224299762.png

The Oticon More's battery dimensions are 7.8*4.0, and I'm guessing 10*5.4mm for the Varta Li-ion Accu 160L3 and ZeniPower Z35F.

Thanks for that @menglxs
I was thinking that a size comparison (Height& width) should be (Phonak Sphere vs Oticon Intent) instead of (Phonak Sphere vs Oticon More). But in reality there is not much physical difference in battery size between Oticon More vs Oticon Intent.

Here's a chart that I made to graphically depict the physical size of the Oticon and Phonak batteries plus the four common Zinc-Air batteries of the past; This does not include battery capacity/mAh. Assumption: Oticon Intent size13 battery is equal to zinc-Air size13 battery.

c1.jpg

Last edited:
The Oticon More's battery dimensions are 7.8*4.0, and I'm guessing 10*5.4mm for the Varta Li-ion Accu 160L3 and ZeniPower Z35F.
Okay. Also; The big 675-size Zinc-Air battery of the past is an outlier and distorts the battery size comparison, (though just a little). Here's the battery size comparison chart with the 675 moved over to the right.
c1.jpg

Last edited:
The batteries in the Phonak Audeo Sphere Infinio are Varta Li-ion Accu 160L3 or ZeniPower Z35F, 3.7v, 0.2Wh, and they have twice the capacity of the Oticon More.
HMm; Something is not correct with our knowledge about mAh/capacity? We know that Oticon More is 20 mAh because the Z22A replacement battery specs say 20 mAh on the package. We/I have not seen specs-mAh for the bigger size 13 battery in Oticon Intent?? But logically, (Oticon Intent's bigger size 13) will be greater than the 20-mAh of (Oticon More Z22A size 312), right?

Therefore, if the specs for Sphere = mAh/capacity of 35.4 and (35.4 mAh is double the capacity of Oticon Intent) then Oticon Intent mAh/capacity would be somewhere around 17.7 mAh. That can't be right. The final result would put the Oticon Intent size 13 battery
mAh/capacity at less than the (Oticon More's) smaller size 312/Z22A battery.

c3.jpg

Last edited:
Back