Phonak Nathos Nova M - (NHS) help

freddy24

Reaction score
Hi, I have the above NHS hearing aids.
I have noahlink wireless and target 9 software.

I really just want to get to view the audiogram and general settings without making any changes.

I think I need a code to do this.
And can it be achieved with the above tools.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @freddy24 Welcome;
Yes, there is a single Phonak Target unlock code that gives you access for fitting the (Phonak Nathos Nova M hearing aid model) plus many other NHS models too. Yes, all that is required is Phonak Target and a hearing aid programming device.

As to which hearing aid programming device, I believe that the Phonak Nathos Nova M is equal to Phonak's (2018-Q4 Bolero M BTE) and that model can be programmed with a Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device (see the Legacy DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak) for reference.

Here's two sources of information to get you going, and a tip for reading DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF files;
  1. Here's a link to forum topic→ NHS code to program Phonak Nathos Nova PR
  2. Also, find and read the Phonak section in a DIY School PDF file named (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids)
Tip; The DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) access portals are at your finger tips via 24/7 cloud storage access.
  • Start here → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) to find the access portals
  • You can easily find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • And finally, you can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Hi, thanks for the detailed information, appreciated.

I've downloaded the DIY school and read through it. It's very helpful.

The thing is I can't get any Bluetooth connection to the noahlink wireless.
It is the battery 312 model not rechargeable.
Is it possible the Bluetooth has been switched off by the audiologist?

Is it possible the Bluetooth has been switched off by the audiologist?
Noahlink Wireless is a programming interface based on the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) standard. Tip: BLE is not the same as your ubiquitous Bluetooth Pairing protocol used between cellphones and other Bluetooth devices. I don't believe it is possible to shutdown the BLE Radio in your hearing aids.

Clip from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2,2) PDF file named (Noahlink Wireless 2 – DIY User Guide);

How to connect Noahlink Wireless to your computer?

Noahlink Wireless is a USB plug-and-play programming interface so it’s pretty simple. First, install your modern (not legacy) fitting software. This should setup a Noahlink Wireless driver as per the HIMSA downloads webpage. But in the past it didn’t always produce happy results. So if you encounter Noahlink Wireless driver problems then read the trouble shooting steps in the Appendix of this document.

How to connect the Fitting Software to your Hearing Aids?

Connect Noahlink Wireless to any USB2 or USB3 port on your computer, or connect Noahlink Wireless 2 to a USB-C port. A solid green light for (2-3 seconds) on Noahlink Wireless without any errors indicates that Noahlink Wireless is powered on and ready to use. Easy Peasy, right?

Again; this is Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE, which is not the same as BlueTooth used in cellphones and such. So forget about typical pairing. There is no pairing involved. Instead you need to Connect. But first choose a device location with a clear line-of-sight to the hearing instruments and away from interfering wireless sources (WLAN, streamers).

• In your fitting software you will need to Select or Specify that Noahlink Wireless is to be used as your programming device. Your fitting software may be defaulting to a different programming device. So check this first.
  • Prepare the hearing aids to enter fitting mode. This is accomplished with an off-on cycle of the hearing aids. For disposable battery models open and close the hearing aid battery doors. For rechargables apply a very long button press for off and repeat for on. Or, place them in your charger and then remove them in order to turn the hearing aids off and on.
  • Tip: Don’t walk away from your computer/Noahlink Wireless with connected hearing aids in your ears! This is especially important during lengthy hearing aid firmware updates and could result in bricking some hearing aid models.
  • Your fitting software may require that you Click an option to Connect to your hearing aids. But there could also be prerequisites such as (selecting a client). Optionally, your fitting software may automatically connect after you have selected a client and proceed into the fitting session.
  • Your hearing aids may need to have Bluetooth turned off for a connected cellphone before trying to connect Noahlink Wireless to your hearing aids.
You should be able to connect easily after you have;

• Installed the fitting software first (before plugging-in Noahlink Wireless) to provide a driver.
  • Connected your Noahlink Wireless device via a USB port/non-USB hub.
  • Verified that your hearing aids do indeed support the Noahlink Wireless BLE protocol.
  • Prepped your hearing aids to enter fitting mode/off-on cycle.
  • Selected Noahlink Wireless as your programming device in the fitting software.
  • Turn Bluetooth off for any other connected-to-HA devices.
  • Taken the proper fitting software action (perhaps clicking a Connect option) to Connect the fitting software to your hearing aids.

Last edited:
Noahlink Wireless is a programming interface based on the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) standard. Tip: BLE is not the same as your ubiquitous Bluetooth Pairing protocol used between cellphones and other Bluetooth devices. I don't believe it is possible to shutdown the BLE Radio in your hearing aids.

Clip from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2,2) PDF file named (Noahlink Wireless 2 – DIY User Guide);

How to connect Noahlink Wireless to your computer?

Noahlink Wireless is a USB plug-and-play programming interface so it’s pretty simple. First, install your modern (not legacy) fitting software. This should setup a Noahlink Wireless driver as per the HIMSA downloads webpage. But in the past it didn’t always produce happy results. So if you encounter Noahlink Wireless driver problems then read the trouble shooting steps in the Appendix of this document.

How to connect the Fitting Software to your Hearing Aids?

Connect Noahlink Wireless to any USB2 or USB3 port on your computer, or connect Noahlink Wireless 2 to a USB-C port. A solid green light for (2-3 seconds) on Noahlink Wireless without any errors indicates that Noahlink Wireless is powered on and ready to use. Easy Peasy, right?

Again; this is Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE, which is not the same as BlueTooth used in cellphones and such. So forget about typical pairing. There is no pairing involved. Instead you need to Connect. But first choose a device location with a clear line-of-sight to the hearing instruments and away from interfering wireless sources (WLAN, streamers).

• In your fitting software you will need to Select or Specify that Noahlink Wireless is to be used as your programming device. Your fitting software may be defaulting to a different programming device. So check this first.
  • Prepare the hearing aids to enter fitting mode. This is accomplished with an off-on cycle of the hearing aids. For disposable battery models open and close the hearing aid battery doors. For rechargables apply a very long button press for off and repeat for on. Or, place them in your charger and then remove them in order to turn the hearing aids off and on.
  • Tip: Don’t walk away from your computer/Noahlink Wireless with connected hearing aids in your ears! This is especially important during lengthy hearing aid firmware updates and could result in bricking some hearing aid models.
  • Your fitting software may require that you Click an option to Connect to your hearing aids. But there could also be prerequisites such as (selecting a client). Optionally, your fitting software may automatically connect after you have selected a client and proceed into the fitting session.
  • Your hearing aids may need to have Bluetooth turned off for a connected cellphone before trying to connect Noahlink Wireless to your hearing aids.
You should be able to connect easily after you have;

• Installed the fitting software first (before plugging-in Noahlink Wireless) to provide a driver.
  • Connected your Noahlink Wireless device via a USB port/non-USB hub.
  • Verified that your hearing aids do indeed support the Noahlink Wireless BLE protocol.
  • Prepped your hearing aids to enter fitting mode/off-on cycle.
  • Selected Noahlink Wireless as your programming device in the fitting software.
  • Turn Bluetooth off for any other connected-to-HA devices.
  • Taken the proper fitting software action (perhaps clicking a Connect option) to Connect the fitting software to your hearing aids.
Hi. Thanks. Really grateful for your time and advice.

I feel a bit stupid but I found that I hadn't click closed the battery housing. I had just shut it and it looked closed. Realised when I pressed it

I managed to connect and get the audiogram from the aids. It also explains why I couldn't connect to the myphone app

Back