Oticon Genie 2024.2 is available

pvc

Reaction score
If you already have an earlier version of Genie 2 installed, then you have the ability to update it yourself because Genie Updater is running in your Windows Sys Tray. See this→ Post for instructions. Or you can ask for help for how to find Genie 2024.2.

I don't know what is in this 2024.2 release?

Faster Feedback Analyser? Pfft.

Recently, there was an unusual (2024.1 / Build22) which was unusual?? Maybe urgent bug fixes?? So maybe this release with a normal 2024.2 version number is to put things back in sequence or something like that?

I can send you information about how to obtain a copy of Oticon Genie2 2024.2. Read your PM/Conversation.

RE Compatibility with "Easy LE Adapter". What is an "Easy LE Adapter"? Is that something you plug into your cellphone's USB-C port for old cellphones that don't yet have LE-Audio compatibility?

c3.jpg

Last edited:
The ACT value → Audible Contrast Threshold, which is a quick/precise measurement of your ability to understand speech in noise/SIN and then provide that value to be entered into the Genie 2 fitting software is (unfortunately) not ready for use. The problem is that most of the very-expensive audiometer equipment (in use today) does not provide functionality to perform the (quick and simple) ACT test.

Until we get these precise ACT values you can use the (MoreSound Intelligence ENVIRONMENT CLASSIFIER) in the Genie 2 FITTING step to accomplish similar (but not as precise) results. Also see this→ post.

c2-jpg.755

Last edited:
If you already have an earlier version of Genie 2 installed, then you have the ability to update it yourself because Genie Updater is running in your Windows Sys Tray. See this→ Post for instructions. Or you can ask for help for how to find Genie 2024.2.

Please post the Link, i get an error while trying to update from 2014.1 Some kind of Windows notification status error..

Sorry, already fixed. Thanks

Last edited:

Can you pm me the link? That's weird, when I click update in my 2024.1 version it says there's no update :(

I have the Intent with 1.0.1 firmware and was looking forward to update to the latest firmware.

Hi @Zotac Welcome;
Please read your PM/Conversation for information on how to Oticon Genie2 2024.2

Hi @Zotac Welcome;
Please read your PM/Conversation for information on how to Oticon Genie2 2024.2
Thank you!! it worked.
the Genie Updater wasn't finding any new version from 2024.2 but your installer worked and right away I could install the new Intent 1.1.0 firmware.

Multiple DIYers are having Oticon Updater problems getting to the latest Genie2 2024.2 version. Perhaps it has something to do with that oddball Bulid 22 release. So if you are having problems updating to Genie2 2024.2 then don't bother trying to use the Genie2 Updater.
  • Genie2 2024.1
  • Genie2 2024.1.Build22
  • Genie2 2024.2

Last edited:
After waiting for others to go first, ;)... I took the Oticon Intent Firmware Update 1.1.0 (from 1.0.1) and then saved the changes into a new session in my database; Session name = (Firmware Update 1.1.0).

Genie 2 automatically saves the changes to a new/last/latest session, and sessions are never overwritten. Therefore, there is no need to follow any foolish instructions dispensed in another forum about making up a separate client for this event, or that event.

Yes it could be helpful to create a different client if you want to go off on a testing-tangent, and then delete the temporary client when you finish your one-off testing tangent. Otherwise, one client with an unlimited number of sessions is very simple to keep track of.

Note that on some fitting software (Genie 2 included) you will need to mouse-click an ">" expansion arrow to see all of the fitting sessions. Otherwise, you may be confused by seeing only a subset of your total sessions.

c4.jpg

Last edited:
Back