Getting new Oticon Intent 1's soon - Got em!

• Unplugged-Travel-Charge #1 completed June-21-2024, Travel Charger status = 3 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #2 completed June-22-2024, Travel Charger status = 3 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #3 completed June-23-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #4 completed June-24-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #5 completed June-25-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #6 completed June-26-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots

I am loving this new Intent Travel Charger (which is not fully available yet).
Six days of travel charging and it is still charging my Intent 1's with no end in sight. Woo Hoo!

DSC_0841.jpg

• Unplugged-Travel-Charge #1 completed June-21-2024, Travel Charger status = 3 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #2 completed June-22-2024, Travel Charger status = 3 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #3 completed June-23-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #4 completed June-24-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #5 completed June-25-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #6 completed June-26-2024, Travel Charger status = 2 Green Dots
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #7 completed June-27-2024, Travel Charger status = 1 Green Dot
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #8 completed June-28-2024, Travel Charger status = 1 Green Dot
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #9 completed June-29-2024, Travel Charger status = 1 Green Dot
  • Unplugged-Travel-Charge #10 completed June-30-2024, Travel Charger status = 1 Orange Dot
Wow! Ten days of Travel charging without a power source. That's a record, right?

Tomorrow, I am going to charge my hearing aids again (even with the Orange/Amber light) to see if I can squeeze any more travel charges out of this little charger.

A word of caution. If the smart charger's battery goes bad and you can readily get a replacement from the VA again easily, then by all means experiment to see how many cycles you can really get out of it. But I just saw a thread in the other forum (Philips charger system error?) where the OP could not recharge his charger's battery after depleting it after so many cycles (he did not say how many). He had to leave it for several hours for it to self-recover (my guess) before the charger is allowed to charge its internal battery again. So if you can't readily get the VA to furnish you with a replacement easily, you might want to go easy on your experiment on how many cycles you can get out of the Intent's smart charger. ;)

Yep, I had thought about the fact that the charger may lock up when the built-in internal battery is completely depleted. But what the heck, that would be nice to know now, instead of finding out while on vacation in Margaritaville. So I will continue testing and rely on the VA to remedy any depleted internal battery problems. :cool:

11 travel charge cycles completed thus far, including two thus far on the Travel Charger status of 1 Orange Dot.

Last edited:
Unplugged-Travel-Charge #12 completed July-02-2024, Travel Charger status = No lights, hearing aids were partially charged to (100%-98%) in this final unplugged charge cycle, and the Travel Charger had shut down (no lights). Removing the hearing aids from the shut-down charger did not start the hearing aids.

Though, after providing USB-C power to the shut-down charger it reacted with 1 slowly pulsing Orange Dot, then after several minutes (maybe 10 or 20 minutes) it progressed to 1 solid Orange Dot, then 2 solid Orange Dots, then 3 Orange solid Dots. I didn't time the recovery? Perhaps it took an hour or two total time for the charger to replenish its built-in internal battery to 3 Green Dots.

Last edited:
Back