Do we need to install any driver to use Noahlink Wireless?

SRM

Reaction score
I have purchased the Noahlink Wireless recently but unable to use it. Can anyone help out with this issue?

Yes your Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device needs a driver, here's a clip from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Noahlink Wireless 2 - DIY User Guide).

How to connect Noahlink Wireless to your computer?

Noahlink Wireless is a USB plug-and-play programming interface so it’s pretty simple. First, install your modern (not legacy) fitting software. This should setup a Noahlink Wireless driver as per the HIMSA downloads webpage.
  • First install the fitting software. Why? To load a Noahlink Wireless Driver, that’s why.
  • Connect Noahlink Wireless to any USB2 or USB3 port on your computer, or connect Noahlink Wireless 2 to a USB-C port. A solid green light for (2-3 seconds) on Noahlink Wireless without any errors indicates that Noahlink Wireless is powered on and ready to use. Easy Peasy, right?
  • If you happen to plug-in Noahlink Wireless before installing the fitting software, then you may encounter a missing Noahlink Wireless driver problem. If you encounter this missing Noahlink Wireless driver problem, then read the trouble shooting steps in the Appendix of this document.

Last edited:
Also; the DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) access portals are at your finger tips via 24/7 cloud storage access.
  • Start here → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) to find the access portals
  • You can easily find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • And finally, you can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Yes your Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device needs a driver, here's a clip from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Noahlink Wireless 2 - DIY User Guide).

How to connect Noahlink Wireless to your computer?

Noahlink Wireless is a USB plug-and-play programming interface so it’s pretty simple. First, install your modern (not legacy) fitting software. This should setup a Noahlink Wireless driver as per the HIMSA downloads webpage.
  • First install the fitting software. Why? To load a Noahlink Wireless Driver, that’s why.
  • Connect Noahlink Wireless to any USB2 or USB3 port on your computer, or connect Noahlink Wireless 2 to a USB-C port. A solid green light for (2-3 seconds) on Noahlink Wireless without any errors indicates that Noahlink Wireless is powered on and ready to use. Easy Peasy, right?
  • If you happen to plug-in Noahlink Wireless before installing the fitting software, then you may encounter a missing Noahlink Wireless driver problem. If you encounter this missing Noahlink Wireless driver problem, then read the trouble shooting steps in the Appendix of this document.
Hi @pvc,
Firstly, I want to thank you helping.
I have followed the " DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (Noahlink Wireless 2 - DIY User Guide)". It was very useful.
Now when I am connecting Noahlink Wireless device it is showing the below pic. Should I confirm the Noahlink Wireless is ready to use.
Img1.png

First install the fitting software. --> I have already installed Sound Designer fitting tool.
When connecting Noahlink Wireless, a solid green light for (2-3) secs on Noahlink Wireless appears.
In sound Designer software, I am unable to connect the Noahlink Wireless or it unable to detect the device. It is shown as below image.
img3.png What can we cause? How to solve this?
Thank you

One more issue found
In HIMSA downloads webpage, when i download the Driver_NLW_V.1.1.0.0.exe and open it. Iam unable to open it. Why?
Can you please help for this ?
Thank You

Your HIMSA/Noahlink Wireless device has a valid driver.

What the heck is a "Sound Designer fitting tool"??? What hearing aid model are you trying to program? When we talk about DIY fitting we are talking about hearing aids models from the Big-5 manufacturers and that does not include (OTC/Over-The-Counter) hearing aids.

You don't open a .exe/executable file. You run it by double-mouse-clicking it using fast clicks. But you don't need it because your Noahlink Wireless device already has a valid driver.

Hi pvc,
Thanks for the response.
Correct me if wrong. " I don't need any drivers to installed separately for Noahlink Wireless ".

First of all we Research & Development team, working on hearing aid designing and development.
As we have taken Onsemiconductor reference hearing aid model with sound designer fitting tool.
  • Sound Designer fitting tool is also a Hearing Aid fitting software supported by On semi. Below I have attached a link will give more information on Sound designers.
    Ezairo7160SL Getting Started Manual

• We have contacted the On semi regarding the problem on Noahlink Wireless connectivity and got to know that we need to purchase the driver to make Noahlink Wireless interfaced with Sound Designer fitting tool to program the Hearing Aid.
  • As per past forum discussions, I got to know that Noahlink Wireless does not required drivers.
So, I need to find out how to program Hearing Aid using Noahlink Wireless device?

You don't open a .exe/executable file. You run it by double-mouse-clicking it using fast clicks. But you don't need it because your Noahlink Wireless device already has a valid driver.
I have run it by double-mouse- clicking it using fast clicks, but I found no response. Don't know why?

Correct me if wrong. " I don't need any drivers to installed separately for Noahlink Wireless ".
Yes, you need a MS Windows device driver. And you already have a MS Windows device driver as per your previous image, this one;

img1-png.884

So, I need to find out how to program Hearing Aid using Noahlink Wireless device?
No I don't think that's what you need to do. That's a task for Sound Designer fitting tool!! Not you.

AFAIK; Certifying a new/different MS Windows driver is a very long process of approval. It can take years!

If the Sound Designer fitting tool cannot already use Noahlink Wireless like (Oticon Genie 2, Phonak Target, ReSound SmartFit and other manufacturers), then there is nothing you can do to force this on your own.

We have contacted the On semi regarding the problem on Noahlink Wireless connectivity and got to know that we need to purchase the driver to make Noahlink Wireless interfaced with Sound Designer fitting tool to program the Hearing Aid.
No one is selling Noahlink Wireless drivers. You must have misunderstood.

Yes On semi needs a driver! But if they lack this critical component, there is nothing you can do about it.

Hi pvc,
One more issue found
In HIMSA downloads webpage, when i download the Driver_NLW_V.1.1.0.0.exe and open it. Iam unable to open it. Why?
Could you please tell me why I uable to use above links to open drivers?
No one is selling Noahlink Wireless drivers. You must have misunderstood.
For information, Himsa manufacturers is selling drivers.
Thank you.

Could you please tell me why I unable to use above links to open drivers?
Maybe your Windows Settings (Privacy & Security) is protecting you? I am not comfortable with discussions about OS security because the results could end up with questionable/undesirable results, which some may want and others may not want??
For information, Himsa manufacturers is selling drivers.
I meant that HIMSA provides the Windows Driver free and you will be unable to find other sellers. Here's my Driver File Details. Check your Driver File Details against this working version using your Windows Device Manager.
c1.jpg

Last edited:
Back