DIY on Jabra Enhance Select 200

dbp

Reaction score
I have the Jabra enhance select 200 OTC hearing aids. I bought these in January 2023. I went through 2 adjustment cycles with their online support, but still struggle with excessive feedback in one ear. I would like to make my own adjustments. I understand from other forums that these are rebranded ReSound Omnia, but the quality of that info is not at the level of what I read in DIY school 2.2. Can anyone confirm the Jabra/Resound equivalence? Can anyone send me a pointer to the ReSound SmartFit 1.16 (or current) software, which would seem to be appropriate if the equivalence is true?

Thanks very much!

Hi dbp; Welcome. Well the Jabra Enhance PRO 10 hearing aids sold at Costco are ReBranded GN ReSound OMNIA hearing aids and can be adjusted using ReSound Smartfit_1.17. They are not locked and if your get a copy of Smartfit_1.17 then you can self adjust these.

But wait a minute because your Jabra Enhance Select 200 hearing aids may not be the same. In other words I don't think these are GN ReSound OMNIA hearing aids. They seem to be OTC/over-the-counter hearing aids with minimal adjustment capability and likely minimal features too.

I will read some more. BBL

Yep OTC → JabraEnhance-hearing-aid-guide.

These are not ReBranded ReSound Omnia hearing aids. The Basic Package comes as (pre-programmed for common types of hearing loss) for Pete's sake. That ain't OMNIA!

The Premium Package comes with new fangled (remote fitting via cellphone App). But that's still an OTC hearing with minimal adjustment capability for the already minimal features.

Thank you for your detailed and timely answer. At this point I wish I had bought the Costco version. These hearing aids were originally branded as the Lively Select 200. In mid to late 2022 Jabra bought Lively. When I bought these in January 2023, they shipped with instructions to use the Jabra Select app. When I later complained about too much feedback, the Jabra support person directed me to load the Jabra Enhance Pro app. She proceeded to connect to the hearing aids remotely (through my phone and BLE) and reprogrammed the feedback cancellation, which made a huge difference in useability. I also asked for (and received) Power Domes and a new RIE cable. These parts came in GN hearing packaging. GN owns both Jabra and ReSound. The fact that the Enhance Pro app worked with these hearing aids, and the fact that there is a feedback cancellation adjustment, and the fact that they can be remotely adjusted, suggest to me that there might be some tunability via the SmartFit app. If nothing else, I would be curious to see if SmatFit can even recognize these, hence the request for a SmartFit download.

Oh, it's worth a try. Read your PM/Conversation shortly for how to find ReSound Smartfit_1.17.

Sorry; I lost track that you wanted the software too. :oops:

Last edited:
The hardware could actually be based on a ReSound OMNIA model. Though, not with the same features as the original hi-end OMNIA model.

Generally the manufacturers produce one high-end model and then use a secret method of de-featuring that model to produce sub-models such as (OMNIA 9, OMNIA 7, OMNIA 5) or other rebranded models by whatever name. What all these have in common is the same hardware/chip/processor. But not the same features!

The manufacturers are very careful about avoiding giving away the family jewels (so to speak). If word got out that you could just pickup a cheap rebranded model, and get the same features as the flagship model, Well we would all just run out and start buying the cheap versions.

Other info from → Sound Hearing Website; GN manufactures ReSound, Jabra, Beltone™, Lively, Interton, and Danavox (NHS) hearing aids. GN also manufactures wireless headsets, earbuds, and speakerphones under Jabra, Blueparrott, and Altia.

The fact that the Enhance Pro app worked with these hearing aids, and the fact that there is a feedback cancellation adjustment, and the fact that they can be remotely adjusted, suggest to me that there might be some tunability via the SmartFit app.
Yes, I tend to agree. Let us know if you make any progress. Though, I still suspect that the manufacturer has some sort of protection to prevent their top tier technology from falling into the hands of the hoi polloi. Maybe they are locked?

Also if you encounter problems connecting the Jabra Enhance hearing aids to ReSound SmartFit 1.17, you might ask Jabra support if they are locked? Sometimes they may fess up and tell you.

Back