BAEP TEST REPORT

sajjad

Reaction score
Hi,It's The BAEP test repot If An 5 Years Old Child Can Any One Say Me According To The Test Report What Kind Of Hearing Loss The Child Has?Is It The Severe Hearing Loss Or Profound ? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20240922-WA0156.jpg
    IMG-20240922-WA0156.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
Link to → Auditory brainstem response (ABR), or brainstem auditory Evoked Potentials (BAEP) does not measure your hearing loss for each frequency. The above link says that it is used for diagnosing hearing loss, acoustic tumors, and cerebellopontine angle (CPA) tumors. It also says that the test is used for evaluation of hearing loss in patients who cannot undergo conventional audiometry.

Also, and as I understand one meaning of (cannot undergo conventional audiometry) and one meaning is someone under 5 years old.

One of the conventional audiometry tests, namely pure tone audiometry/PTA, using an audiometer will determine if your hearing loss is Severe or Profound. The (pure tone audiometry/PTA test) measures your hearing level for each frequency and for each ear. Your Audiogram (showing level of hearing loss) is one of the results from PTA;
web2-lp-hearing-loss-degree-audiogram-548.png

Last edited:
When performing the ABR for a neurological assessment,The resulting waveforms are evaluated for reproducibility, morphology, and latency. The latencies are compared from the right and left sides to determine if there is abnormal neural synchrony or retrocochlear pathology. The Wave V latency should be no more than a 0.4 millisecond difference between ears. so the above child has no abnormal neural synchrony or retrocochlear pathology ...
also ABR could used to define hearing levels and it may be the most accurated in many cases

also ABR could used to define hearing levels and it may be the most accurated in many cases
Oh, I didn't know that ABR/Auditory brainstem response could be used to define hearing levels?

But is it used? During all of my visits to an Audiologist I received (PTA/pure tone audiometry testing) using an audiometer.

the click hearing threshold is between 70-85 dB SL ...
MEAN
a CLICK stimulus are introduced at 70-85 decibels above the test ear’s hearing threshold. db SL (sensation level) that mean we increase the stimulation intensity in 10 dB increments until reproducible waveforms are obtained.

Oh, I didn't know that ABR/Auditory brainstem response could be used to define hearing levels?

But is it used? During all of my visits to an Audiologist I received (PTA/pure tone audiometry testing) using an audiometer.
yes it could be used .according to the test device it may measure the hearing threshold in dB nHL then apply correction factors at each ferquency to have th dB eHL (estimated hearing level )which use for fitting aids...or the correction factors are embeded into the system so we have the hearing thershold HL level directly

Okay, that is interesting. Here's a related story;

A few of the manufacturers are beginning to provide a solution for Speech In Noise. And, there is a fast-and-simple test (ACT/Audible Contrast Threshold) test that will define your individual level of noise reduction required.

But, I doubt that today's very expensive Audiometers used by Audiologists will provide this new capability to perform ACT testing any time soon. See this → post which has a video link about → ACT/Audible Contrast Threshold.

I am guessing that we can now add (ABR/Auditory brainstem response) testing to the waiting list. ;)

Back