Widex COMPASS GPS v4.7 - (Wait now v4.8 is available too) - WIDEX SMARTRIC AVAILABLE

pvc

Reaction score
Following from Compass GPS 4.7 itself (?-Help - Whats New);

COMPASS GPS V4.7 supports the new rechargeable hearing aid model, Widex SmartRIC (MRRLD). This is a brand-new form factor, and it has an entirely new, modern design and emphasizes ease of use, reliability, and comfort.

The new hearing aid offers improved wind-noise and box-noise reduction, it has improved directionality due to the microphone positioning, and the battery runtime has been improved.

Widex SmartRIC is optimized for directional adaptivity and noisy, real-life situations, improving speech intelligibility. The hearing aid has no physical controls. It can be used with a DEX or an appropriate app, from which you can easily control all main features.

You can combine the new hearing aid with the V.2 RIC M and V.2 RIC P receivers to help users with mild to moderate hearing losses. Widex SmartRIC is available in several different performance levels.

c1.jpg

Hi @Alejandro Welcome;
Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.7

I'm looking for the software to adjust my Widex SmartRic, but I haven't found it.
Can anybody help me?
Thank you!

Hi @jomape Welcome
Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.8

Hi @herthecat Welcome
Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.8

Hi. I'm looking for the compass gps software for my ‘new’ widex moment hearing aids.
any help appreciated..

Hi @Roamer1

Hi @Rhubarb Welcome

Hi, I am getting a set of moment 440s and noahlink 2 and they are currently in the mail. I've been reading through the diy guides.

Would I be able to get a copy of compass gps to program them?

Thanks

Hi @RonLee Welcome;

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the fitting data is stored, ie the Windows filepath? I need to wipe my PC to reinstall windows and don't want to lose the data. Thanks!

Typically when you finish a fitting session you will store the hearing aid settings in two places;
  • in the fitting software standalone database
  • in your hearing aids
Then when you start your next fitting session, you can choose to start the new session using the settings that are in your hearing aids. Problem solved. For reference. read the following from a DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) PDF File named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids);
  • Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any)
The DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) access portals are at your finger tips via 24/7 cloud storage access.
  • Start here → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) to find the access portals
  • You can easily find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portals again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • And finally, you can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Thanks for the quick reply, pvc. Much appreciated!

What I was hoping to do is keep a copy of my local database, while I wiped my PC, so I had a record of previous fittings.
I think the file might be C:\ProgramData\Widex\CompassGPS\WidexDb.s3db, but I'll know soon enough :D

There should be a Export/Import feature for your database. Give me a few minutes.

No, I can't find a feature to export/import the entire database (or even all sessions for a given client). The export/import feature seems to be tied into the "Transfer" tool used to move settings to a new hearing. For example, if you lose one hearing aid. It only transfers one session and not the entire Client/all sessions.

Yes, .s3db file extension does look like a database extension. You could also save the entire Folder = C:\ProgramData\Widex

Though I am not sure if Compass will use it without balking??

Thanks for looking into it, pvc. I'll try my luck and report back. It may take me a few days...

No, I can't find a feature to export/import the entire database (or even all sessions for a given client). The export/import feature seems to be tied into the "Transfer" tool used to move settings to a new hearing. For example, if you lose one hearing aid. It only transfers one session and not the entire Client/all sessions.

Yes, .s3db file extension does look like a database extension. You could also save the entire Folder = C:\ProgramData\Widex

Though I am not sure if Compass will use it without balking??
You use the Compass GPS Console under Compass GPS tools to export/import the database.

Back