Streaming Volume was extremely loud!

pvc

Reaction score
I don't know if this applies to other brands aside from Oticon? She got Oticon Real 1s and the TV Streaming was incredibly loud. It was so loud that I could hear the sound coming out of her ears from several feet away. Turning the loudness slider down didn't help much. The image below is for a cellphone. But same applies for TV Adapter, etc.

Here's what I found out by accident upon encountering the very loud TV Streamer for Oticon Reals. After you initiate streaming, just turn the hearing aid volume down or up to suit your preference. That's it! I used the hearing aid buttons to lower the volume. Your hearing aids will remember your streaming volume preference. Easy, Peasy, right? Well, you may need to set the volume again, perhaps when the need arises to pair again. I don't know for sure. I haven't tested this for unpairing/repairing? I did not have to do this for older models. Maybe something changed?

c2-jpg.151

Last edited:
My Oticon Intents were streaming TV just a tad too loud. So I adjusted mine too.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that the streaming volume will remember the manual adjustment you make on the buttons for next time use. I always thought that you'd have to go into Genie 2 to adjust the default for a permanent change. I always assumed that anything you do on the manual button is a temporary thing and it'll go back to the default as set in Genie 2 next time to go back to streaming again.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I believe that you can permanently adjust the streaming volume anytime you are streaming.

Back