Genie 2 programming, solid/dashed lines.

theVoice

Reaction score
Always grateful for the knowledge all the DIYers bring to this forum!!! Question regarding Oticon programming and fitting targets. After entering my audiogram and/or in situ gram, my calculated curve is visualized by a solid line (green arrow), yet a dashed line (target?) is also shown (red arrow). Can anyone explain the difference and what the purpose is of the dashed line.

Appreciate the continued education!Oticon question.jpg

When you are in the Show Target view;
c3.jpg

try Mouse-Hover over one of the lines and carefully watch your screen for a popup explanation.

When you are in the Show Target view;
View attachment 352

try Mouse-Hover over one of the lines and carefully watch your screen for a popup explanation.
Thanks! I see the insertion target gain vs. simulated gain pop-up, shouldn't the simulated gain overlap/match the target gain? It does on some but not all parts of the curve.

Thanks! I see the insertion target gain vs. simulated gain pop-up, shouldn't the simulated gain overlap/match the target gain? It does on some but not all parts of the curve.
I am not going to answer your question. But I have a couple of suggestions below;

Free Education - Here's a clip from DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids);c1.jpg
Here's a link to a suggested course for you;

Practice what you learned from the course by using Genie 2's Simulate feature which is described in a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named;
  • (01 Explore fitting software)

Last edited:
Also; watch what happens with your simulated gain curve when you change your settings (for example Brightness perception);

c2.jpg

Back